Desert Eagle Forum
Sign in to follow this  
NJGF Feed

.458 Socom Magazine, NJ ok ?

Seen this mag on the Tromix website and wondering if this would be NJ OK. The reason I question it, I took a 15/30 hex mag and did somewhat of the same modifications to it. WHY YOU ASK, makes feeding the first .458 round easier. But I am still able to load 15rd of 5.56/.223 ammunition in the mag. It WILL NOT hold 2 rounds or less in the mag (they pop out). When I shove 3 or more rounds, the pressure from the spring presses the rounds against the feed lips. It start holding the rounds in and then I can load the mag normally.  I figured this will function the same way for a 30 round mag round. In my opinion these would be a no go in Jersey, What do you guess think ? Thank you for taking the time and reading this.  

SCG-11C​
Restricted State, Compliant Magazines.  Available for California/Colorado etc.

These 10 rounds magazines are equipped with black anodized aluminum center feed followers and base plates engraved
".458 SOCOM 10 rounds".  These magazines will not accept a round of 5.56/.223 ammunition and are not readily convertible to 5.56/.223 due to their non-removable base plates. Also available in 7 round capacity. (No shipments to the City of New York or Monroe County New York)

75a919df90d00424908396199f51d7c4.jpg

View the full article