Desert Eagle Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Maksim

Whitehouse.gov petition... Repeal NFA

I'm posting this here, not the 2A lounge, so it gets ample views...

I know the new Whitehouse.gov webpage has been mentioned in a couple of threads... but did anyone notice that there's a "petition page"? People can list an issue, gather signatures and if there's enough signatures within a specified period the Whitehouse will (at least) give a reply to the original poster. It apparently also puts anyone who signed it on a mail list to get updates on that issue. Well, progressives haven't wasted any time creating petitions that show they want their LGBT and climate change pages returned to the website (I kid you not).

Interestingly, apparently some ambitious gun owner also made a petition to repeal the National Firearms Act of 1934 (NFA). Now, I'm still enough of a newbie that I lack the breadth and depth of knowledge that many of you have on firearm laws and the political strategy surrounding them. So, what say you, peanut gallery? Is this something people should be signing? It would seem to me the answer would be "yes" - if for no other reason than this >>> a hearty response to any petition like this would be a strong reminder to the administration that gun owners are eagerly awaiting action on the 2A issue. But, I'll leave it to the peanut gallery to debate/discuss before I (personally) do anything.

I like to "ponder" before I sign things... that's just me... I mean, does signing put us on a "list" for scrutiny by a later administration unfriendly to 2A...? (...gingerly removing tin foil hat now...)

Mrs. P.

--- and here's the link to that specific petition btw: https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/repeal-nfa

Update: just putting all direction in 1 place... so you don't have to scroll the thread...

>>As poster "accline" pointed out, there's also a 2nd petition to repeal the 1986 Hughes Amendment to the NFA:  https://petitions.wh...ughes-amendment  

>>And as poster "lou" said, you MUST check your email afterwards and click on a provided link to make your signature register.

View the full article